Friday, September 02, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

Well here it is. Finally sitting down to write my first post in my blog.
I have been pondering the idea of starting one for a few months now. Before I met Mr.M and while we were dating I loved using diary-x and livejournal as a place to vent and get my thoughts out of my head. So here I am again finding the need to have an outlet for all of lifes ups and downs.

I met Mr. at university in 2003. I hate saying it was love at first site for the sake of sounding corny but I think it was. Before him, my longest relationship was just a few months and I always found something to turn me off a guy. There was just something about him that clicked with me. We had a very long and rocky road over the next year and a half that I won't get into. I hate that part of mine/our past and am not proud of a lot of things. Through it all I just couldn't shake him from my mind or my heart. In January 2005, I took a leap of faith and I moved where I am today to be with him and hopefully find our happy ending. We're far from perfect but I wouldn't change where or who I am today and have truely found happiness with him and am so thankful that I listened to my heart for the first time in my life. We got engaged on Christmas Eve 2008 and were married in August of 2010. It was the most amazing and perfect day and I couldn't of asked for anything more.

Mr and I are both 28...well he will be 28 in a few days. The love of both of our lives is our fur-baby P. She is a boxer and will be 5 years old in October. I can't remember what life was like for us before she came into our lives. I got her as a surprise Christmas present for Mr. in 2006. She is such a daddy's girl and to this day remains the best present he has ever received!

Mr and I survived our first year of marriage and are now looking forward to the next step in our lives; a baby. We have been TTC (trying to conceive) since April - currently on cycle 7 cycle 6.(oops) A year ago I thought I was ready for and wanted a baby but I now know 100% that I am at the right place in life and the desire is that much stronger. Mr and I had a heart to heart about starting a family while on our honeymoon in the Dominican in March. First serious adult conversation we had as a married couple. Just watching him interact with my best friends two year old daughter is priceless to me. I know he will be an amazing dad and can't wait for that day to come when I can tell him he's going to be a father.

So that's us in a nutshell. Looking forward to having my own place where I can share, vent, and most of all a place where I can breathe and just be me.

-Mrs.M

No comments:

Post a Comment