Saturday, September 10, 2011

One is the loneliest number....

Mr. left on Thursday morning to go to a softball tournament 12 hours away in another province. Kept myself busy until tonight so I'm really missing his presense in the house.

Thursday night I got together with a friend Rachel to hang out for a few hours and watch Big Brother. We are both 'ball widows' this week as our husbands both play on the same team (and are best friends). I think we both enjoyed having someone else to watch the show with seeing as it something we both normally do with our husbands. Had a hard time falling asleep that night though as I normally do if he's not home. Ended up sleeping on the couch because I was too lazy to get up and go to bed.

Friday I spent the evening with Erika and baby Aly...well I guess I can't really call her a baby anymore. She just turned two at the beginning of the month and I still can't believe it. I picked up some takeout on my way there and we had a lovely dinner. A definately kept my mind off missing Mr.M. She kills me with her laugh and her little facial expressions. I notice more and more lately how she is turning into a little girl now and developing quite the little personality. She is a very special little girl to me and lights up my day every time I see her.
After A went to bed, Erika and I watched Arthur. Had quite a few good laughs thas for sure! Mr. called during the movie. He was texting me Thursday and Friday but it was on Rachel's hubbys phone so it just didn't feel the same. Was never 100% sure who I was talking to. It was nice to finally get to actually talk to him and hear his voice. 

Had a great time the past two days but here I am tonight feeling pretty lonely. I switched my weekend shifts at work from next weekend to this weekend, so that I could work this weekend while Mr. was gone to avoid feeling lonely all day. I'm torn with how I feel about missing him.

On one hand it's normal to miss someone when they are gone but on the other I can't help but think I'm too attached. Our furbaby Phoenix certainly misses him too. She's always looking for him and waiting him to walk in the door behind me. Breaks my heart a little more seeing her miss him.  For whatever reason if Mr. is gone for more than a day I find myself dwelling on the fact that he's gone. When ever we are both home I have no problem finding things to keep me busy. I see other wives/girlfriends excited and celebrating when their other halves are away for a few days. Happy that they have a few days for themselves and can do whatever they want. I don't think that will ever be me. I know me and I know that I can 'live' without Mr. literally speaking for a few days but what I really know is that given the choice I would rather have him here. You can't be a Mrs. without a Mr.

As far as girlfriends go, I really only have Rachel and Erika that I see on a regular basis and talk to.
So other than them, Mr. is the only other constant thing I can count on.
The one who asks me about my day, the one who shares his stories with me, the one who's always there with a helping hand, the one who knows me best and the one who always knows how to make me smile. I miss the ways he makes me smile and laugh the most.
I love our life and everything in it and wouldn't change it for anything. I love the simplicity of it and how genuine it is.

Finally with all that said I feel a million times better. I guess I just needed to get it out and breathe. Mr. will be home before I know it and doing something to annoy me! Such is the married life!

Now I think it's time to curl up with Phoenix and watch a chick-flick!

Mrs.M

No comments:

Post a Comment