Sunday, September 04, 2011

Awkward

Last night Mr.M and I stayed in and watched a movie. Not out of the ordinary for us. We watch so many movies I forget what we've seen. More and more lately it seems the movies we watch seem to have a pregnant woman in them - or it is just that I'm actually noticing it more?

This has left me feeling like I'm back in my late teens/early twenties. When watching movies with a boy that had sex scenes left an awkward or uncomfortable feeling in the air. In the movie last night there was a lot of pregnancy related attention and conversation. I found myself shying away from Mr. during these scenes.

I'm a grown married woman...why do I feel so embarassed about this? Why is a movie making me feel so incomplete not being pregnant...like I don't measure up for whatever reason. Why am I getting so worked up about not being pregnant yet? Its only been 6 months. I battled these thoughts back and forth in my head thoughout the movie. Mostly being angry with myself for letting something like this get to me.

But with one simple gesture from Mr. a weight was lifted. It's amazing how a simple, out of the blue kiss can make all the thoughts and worry disappear.

Sometimes its the simple things in life that take our breath away....

Mrs.M

No comments:

Post a Comment