Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Highs and Lows

I know so much for updating more....I might get around to it!

Yesterday was my 29th birthday......so close to 30 that it sounds scary. I would like to know where my 20's went. I can't even remember and they were over before I knew it.
I had a decent day yesterday for the most part. I am so glad I took the day off work because who wants to work on their birthday!

I started off the day by sleeping in until 8:30!!! For someone who can't sleep in past 6:30 this is a huge accomplishment. I spend the morning louging around with Phoenix in my jammies like a slob with my unbrushed hair, catching up on some great Mtv programing. By that I am referring to Teen Mom 2 and Jersey Shore. Finally had a shower around lunch time. Used up all the hot water and my fingers were a little pruney when I got out. Went to town and picked up a few things at the store and then spent the afternoon being lazy and having a nap with Phoenix. What a great way to spend your birthday!

Mr.'s mom always has us over for birthday suppers. So I was looking forward to it all day because it is always pretty good and we have something the birthday person likes for supper. Mr. called at 4:30 and said it was going to be about 20 min late coming home - supper was supposed to be 5:30 so not really any big deal if he was a few minutes late. This is unless you are late for supper when Mr.'s mom is cooking it. She calls at 5:32 wondering where we are and I told her I would be over in a few and Mr. was almost home. Of course she sounds lesss than impressed like always. I got ready and went over and was so pissed when I got there I acutally wanted to leave and almost started crying - thanks pregnancy hormones. Mr.'s father was already sitting down to eat, Mr.'s younger brother had already eaten and from a distance I see we are having cheeseburgers. Definitely not something I would pick for my birthday supper. My love for chicken far exceeds my moderate like for red meat. I was kinda curious what would be for supper since she usually asks the birthday person what they would like.
I just couldn't believe that while I sat there and waited for Mr. to be there to start supper, two of them had already eaten. How unbelievably rude. When Mr. showed up the first comment his mom made was about him being late and saying that supper had been ready since 5:00!! She always has supper ready too early so most times when it's at 5:30 its half cold anways but knowing that Mr. isn't home until atleast 5:30. So Mr, myself and his mom sit down to eat. She then goes on to complain that the chicken alfredo she made is cold and sticky now because it has been sitting too long and it was fine at 5:00. It was gross....the pasta was not rinsed so it was starchy and she didn't put enough sauce on it. That's why it turned to crap not because we were "late" As I choked back the supper that I didn't want to eat at all half out of disgust of the actions of his family, I found myself again choking back tears.
This was not how I wanted to end my birthday. Mr.'s mom cleaned up the table and then just told Mr. to hand me my cards - Mr and I were the only ones left at the table everyone else was staring at the tv. I don't know what they hell their problem was yesterday they are usually not like that at all.

Needless to say that Mr. and I didn't stay long after supper. When we got home Mr. had a beautiful boquet of flowers waiting for me and a really sweet card.


It definitely made up for the crappy time at his parents place. We spent the rest of the night cuddled in bed with Phoenix watching tv. I wouldn't of wanted to spend my evening any other way.

Well one more year closer to 30 but also closer to meeting our baby which I think will make turning 30 that much more special and a lot less scary!

- Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment