Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday Backlash

I can't believe I am about to write about this ridiculousness and what I can't believe more is that my mother-in-law is actually this shallow.

*sigh*

Here goes....

Mr.'s mother called last night at 10:30 to tell him that she was cancelling his fathers birthday supper. At the time she wouldn't say why just called to tell us that it wasn't going to happen. When Mr. got home from work today he had more details as to the why. He called her and pried the info out of her this morning. She didn't want to have a repeat of my birthday supper where everyone ended up pissy at the end of the night.
The reasons for the cancellation:

- My FIL and BIL eating before we were there
- Mr. being late to supper - not his fault
- MIL thought I was stoned - ps this woman is delusional she thinks everyone is on drugs all the time. Not even sure where she comes up with these ideas.
and my favorite
- I didn't "like" her Happy Birthday post on my FB wall but liked everyone else's - which was completely accidental and I missed two other posts too not just hers.

I love my in-laws most of the time but in times like this my MIL makes me want to scream. Like does this really sound like the attitude an almost 50 year old woman should have.

I am sorry your feelings were hurt. HELLO!!! What about mine?? Last time I checked it was my birthday supper that was ruined and my feelings were hurt. How dare she make Mr. and I out to be the bad guys in this situation when it was for me!
I was so mad when Mr. told me all of this tonight. I didn't know how to process the information and of course all these pregnancy hormones just seem to magnify everything. I was in the bathroom and he came in and asked me if I was okay and I just off loaded on him about it all, sobbing in the process. I did feel a lot better after a good vent and a cry. It helped to take the edge off me wanting to go give her a piece of my mind but I would still love to have a real conversation with her.

However, can't say anything to the woman or have an adult conversation about anything.
Her feelings and thoughts are the only ones that are important and I guess it has been this way forever. If you question anything she has to say or confront her when she gets ridiculous like this she completely shuts down like a spoiled brat. I have been wanting to march over there all night and talk to her like an adult about this but if I had she wouldn't of talked to me for weeks - no joke. She has actually 'runaway' before on more than one occasion for a night or two when she got upset and went on about how no one appreciates her, blah, blah, blah. She is way too overly sensitive about everything around her. I actually honestly think she needs to go talk to someone and perhaps get on some medication because she has so many ups and downs it's hard to keep track of her moods and how you should act accordingly to them.

I think deep down the part that upsets me the most is that I was actually looking forward to FIL's birthday supper for a long time now. Mr and I had planned on telling them about the baby that night when everyone was together....and happy.
I bought him a frame that says: Grand kids.....complete the circle of life.
Now since this I don't even care anymore and the excitement has worn off. Just felt like marching over there today and telling her that there are more important things in life than the things she wraps her self up in and blurting out that I was pregnant.
I have made one decision though that I shared with Mr. earlier. Told him that things are going to change once this baby comes because I will not be walking on egg shells around her like everyone does now. If there are things that I don't like and they concern us, the baby or our family and she is is bringing her drama along with with I am saying something. I am not going to sit by and allow her to run our family too and am done being wrapped around her finger and acting according to her moods.

Well I am officially done putting time and energy into her and what happened. I've vented to Erika, Mr. and now on the blog. I think I covered all my bases.

Time to go eat the last piece of birthday cake and completely put this birthday behind me! :)

- Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment